Learn how to quickly get started creating videos to explain anything. This 3 hour session will look at the benefits of using video to explaing something and introduce you to a range of different tools to capture stills and videos using your computer, tablet or smartphone. Learn about screencasting and its potential uses. We'll also learn tips and tricks to help you get started with video.
Participants are encouraged to bring their own tablet or smartphone along to the session and to ensure that they can connect to Eduroam in advance of the session.
Anyone interested in making educational videos or screencasting
Presentation and hands-on workshop, taught using Jing and other free web apps
What you will need
If participants wish to bring their own tablet or smartphone along to the session they should ensure that they can connect to Eduroam in advance of the session and are able to download and install apps
£30; but £15 for students and graduates.
- Learn what screencasting is and how it can be used to support learning
- Introduce a range of different tools to capture video
- Capture a screencast using a computer
- Capture a video using a tablet or smartphone
- Edit a video using a tablet or smartphone
- Understand the steps needed to plan and prepare a successful video
- Watch the pre-course playlists - details will be sent to you once you have booked